Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is it safe if my husband and I cleaned our dryer with Comet?

It's kinda a f*cked up situation..my 2year old son had this purple crayon and it had got in the dryer maybe lost in the sheets or somethin...and there was melted purple wax all over in the dryer %26amp; clothes..my husband put comet on it to make it come off..it did come off but now im scared if i dry clothes will the dryer be ok or will it blow up because of the chemicals from the Comet ??Is it safe if my husband and I cleaned our dryer with Comet?
Wipe it out well with well rinsed damp towel....


Might smell funny at first but should be ok.....run a load of some old rags with a dryer sheet or two in there.





There is nothing flamable.Is it safe if my husband and I cleaned our dryer with Comet?
Won't blow up, but i would run a few loads of wet towels


or somthing u don't care about thru. The comet will go


down into the holes of the dryer and ruin your clothes.
For next time, to remove crayon, lipstick or Chap Stick from the dryer turn it off and spray a paper towel with WD-40 Lubricant. Wipe out the dryer until all of the mess is removed. Wash out with warm water and dishwashing liquid, then dry a load of old wet rags.





Try Carbona Stain Devils to remove chewing gum and glue. For ink, use rubbing alcohol or Ink Away by the makers of Goo Gone.
It couldn't be worse than melted hot gum, that was in my son's pants pockets. I still have a hard baked on gum stain on the inside of my dryer.
I would make sure that the comet is off and Take a rag and water and make sure you wipe all the comet out of the dryer...I doubt very much if your dryer would blow up and I think it will be just fine. The only way you would know is try it and see. You might try putting a couple of wet old towels to test it out..Good Luck to you...
Make sure you clean the Comet off with Vinegar and then get rid of that smell with 2 dryer sheets. Next time get Goo Gone for crayons.
you'll scratch the inside of your dryer if you use comet. Go to the store and buy a product call ';oops';. Better still,call the manufactuer of your dryer and ask them. They would know best.
Good idea 禄颅颅颅颅颅---鈫扏 .....Goo Gone....
No, it won't blow up. Just make sure it is wiped down with a very wet rag. Then, throw some old towels in it to dry. The problem with Comet is that it has bleach in it. So, you don't want to leave any residue in there that will damage your good clothes.
Good luck......ha ha ha
Hmmm, I would have just tried to melt it with a hair dryer, but Comet shouldn't hurt it, as long as you clean your dryer with clean warm water before using it again!
MAYBE THIS COULD HELP !!!


ALL KINDS OF CLEANING TIPS





http://cleaning.lifetips.com/faq/28539/0鈥?/a>





';YOU CAN ASK THEM ALSO ALL ABOUT CLEANING TIPS';

No comments:

Post a Comment