Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Anyone have any ideas about getting by with everyday life without my husband away in the Airforce training?

We have 2 girls aged nearly 3 years old and the other 14 months old. I miss him soooo much and find it hard to do and be everything to our girls! The little one has been very sick lately too. It's going to be 2 weeks till we see him for a week then we leave again for him to do10 more weeks training. Help me cope.Anyone have any ideas about getting by with everyday life without my husband away in the Airforce training?
Sweetheart, my heart goes out to you. Thanks to you and your husband both for your sacrifices to our country. Are there any support groups for military wives in your area? You will find other women who are in the same boat and maybe find some new friends. I remember what it was like when I was a young woman raising two boys alone. ( My husband died at 22) It seemed like some days were endless with two demanding children and little help. But really your kids are little for such a short time. Don't forget to enjoy them too. This will pass, I promise, and someday it will seem like it flew by. Try to get lots of fresh air and sunshine. Take those girls to a nearby park if you can. Pamper yourself sometimes. Prayer or meditation will help your stress level. Lots of luck to you.Anyone have any ideas about getting by with everyday life without my husband away in the Airforce training?
YOU CAN DO IT!!! My husband has been gone for a year. We have a 2 1/2 year old son and I'm all he has. We have no family here, but my girlfriends have been a miracle!! They listen and help out whenever I need it. And I've only left him with a babysitter once. Don't be afraid to ask friends and family for a helping hand. Some day care facilities offer hourly drop-in service. Try that. It's usually relatively inexpensive and it will benefit you mentally, physically, and emotionally!!!! I know it's hard, but you can do it. If you need to talk, contact me at pezdispenser80@yahoo.com. Good luck!
Go to the nearest base and see the family support center and let them know your situation. If you need child care help they will be willing to help you, if you need something financially I am pretty sure they will send you to the right direction. Make sure you get your family and friends involved to when i wen to my basic training my son was just 4 months old and my wife network with her family and friends for help.





Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Young couple find it hard to ask for help, i've been in the AF for 6 years and came across with this type of situation use every available resources.





The family support center has program for moms with play groups for kids and enlisted spouse programs that will aid your family. tons of help, just need to ask.





SSGT, USAF
if you cannot cope with him in basic..how are you going to cope with him being deployed to iraq? you have got to grow a pair and be a mother to those kids..and when he calls do not lay all this on him..because he misses you all too but he doesnt need to hear how hard your life is at the moment... a deployment with my husband being gone..and me with our two kids..has went like this.. my son wisdom teeth taken out, my son colitis from wisdom teeth medicine..which resulted in multiple dr visits...the washer went out.. the ice maker on the fridge did serious damage to our floor, the lawn mower broke, our cat had to be put to sleep, the sun roof on the truck tore up, the battery in another car died, someone beat my mailbox off the post twice, my kids were in marching band and at practice and comps..i worked 45 minutes away from their school...if you cant handle him being in the states at training how are you going to do it when he is thousands of miles away? because its only going to get harder...
Surround yourself with family..trust me Hun time will fly by so fast %26amp; soon you'll be preping for deployment which btw is 6 months or longer it all depends. Our daughter was 10 months when my hubby left for basic (AF) so he missed her 1st birthday, of course he was sad. But there are more birthdays to come. Just be strong for your children, he will be in your arms sooner than you think. Take care..
You need to get in touch with the other wives that are having to cope with the same thing, a support network is vital.


Women need to talk to other women, and looking after 4 kids between 2 adults, or more, is a great deal easier.


I prefer to go to a parent-run pre-school for not precisely the same reason but definitely getting more support, and also to get to know other women in this area.
While I can understand it's hard, he DOES get to come home in 2 weeks and then only has 10 weeks left. Just be glad it's not a 6 to 9 month deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment