Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I received a check from insurance that is made out to my husband and/or myself and/or mortgage. How do I cash?

What do I or my husband need to do to get check cashed to pay roofers.I received a check from insurance that is made out to my husband and/or myself and/or mortgage. How do I cash?
You call your mortgage company.





Look on your payment statement - there should be an 800 number. Call it.





Tell the mortgage company that you have an insurance check and they are listed on it. You may have to get transferred a few times before you end up speaking with the correct department. But the mortgage company will tell you what to do to get the check endorsed by them.





Everyone who files a homeowners claim and has a mortgage on their house....gets a check with the mortgage company listed on it.





That's because your policy has a loss payee clause that requires the insurance company protect the mortgage companies interest in the property. The insurance company does this by listing the mortgage company on the check.I received a check from insurance that is made out to my husband and/or myself and/or mortgage. How do I cash?
If the check says and or then you can sign it. But since you have a mortgage make sure you repair the issue and pay the provider or the mortgage company can seek reinbursement. In the state where I live if the check is 1500 or more it has to go to the mortgage company first.
I had the same thing for roof repair. I had the mortgage co. endorse it. Then I cashed it. Still paid for the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment